Members of the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) voted on their favorite roads in America, and the top 15 selections represent scenic highways and byways throughout the country.The editors of American Motorcyclist magazine used the 230,000-member, non-profit association's website, AmericanMotorcyclist.com, to accept nominations and tally votes for members' favorite roads. Nearly 100 roads made the ballot, and the magazine published the top 15 roads in the April issue as well as a list of "honorable mentions."?
A countdown of the top 15 routes:
??15. Washington Route 129 and Oregon Route 3, Clarkston, Wash., to Enterprise, Ore. ??
14. Ohio Route 170, Calcutta to Poland. ??
13. California Route 58, McKittrick to Santa Margarita.
??12. U.S. Route 33, Harrisonburg, Va., to Seneca Rocks, W.Va. ??
11. Natchez Trace, from Natchez, Miss., to Nashville, Tenn. ??
10. Angeles Crest Highway, California Route 2. ??
9. U.S. Route 12, Lolo Pass, Idaho and Montana. ??
8. California Route 36.
??7. Cherohala Skyway, North Carolina and Tennessee.
??6. Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park, Montana. ??
5. California Route 1, Pacific Coast Highway. ??
4. U.S. Route 550, from Ouray to Durango, Colo. ??
3. U.S. Route 129 -- The Tail of the Dragon -- on the North Carolina-Tennessee border.
??2. Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina.
??1. Beartooth Highway, Montana and Wyoming. ?
How many of these have your ridden? Print this list out and start checking them off.