Jeff Holt is out in Sunny Florida to kick off Bike 2013 and test ride the all new 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout (non-CVO model).
Key Features are as follows:
• The Twin Cam 103B™ engine with 103-cid (1690cc), counter-balanced and rigid-mounted within the frame, is rated at 95.5 ft. lbs. of torque at 3000 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), and Automatic Compression Release (ACR), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
• The powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with chrome covers and gloss-black shields over chrome dual-staggered mufflers.
• Gasser-style 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are finished in gloss-black powdercoat with machined highlights; 8 by 18-inch rear and 3.5 by 21-inch front.
• Floating front and rear brake rotors have gloss-black carriers.
• Front and rear fenders are chopped. The front fender location and bracket are specific to the Breakout. The rear fender is shaped and positioned to fit close to the 240mm tire. One-piece forged aluminum rear fender supports are highly polished.
• The front end spreads 49mm forks approximately 1.75-inches wider than previous FX Softail models to allow fitment of a 130mm front tire. The fork lowers and headlight bucket are finished in gloss black.
• New Single-Rib Cast Aluminum Oil Tank is finished in gloss black.
• A five-gallon fuel tank is topped with a black molded-leather strip and a low-profile chrome cover.
• The two-piece seat features a passenger pillion that may be removed without tools for solo riding and to fully expose the rear fender. Laden seat height is 24.7 inches.
• An all-new wide drag-style handlebar is finished in gloss black. The speedometer is mounted on the chrome pull-back handlebar riser.
• The side-mounted license plate and combination stop/turn/tail lights leave the wide rear fender uncluttered.
• The glass-filled fuel tank medallions and graphics are exclusive to the Breakout.
• Available solid colors include Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl and Ember Red Sunglo.