A Touch Of Flair | CycleSmiths Billet Bag Extensions - Hot Bike Magazine
01. Billet Bag Extended. The CycleSmiths extensions look like they were made just to fit the bags. The bike owner was stoked and ready to show off his new accessories on Lazelle Street.
02. The Billet Bag Extensions are available in chrome, black, or black and machined finish and bolt directly onto stock Harley saddlebags.
03. As you can see, the stock bag does the trick, but why not spruce it up a bit?
04. CycleSmiths’ owner, Doug Clarkson, got to work on this bag by bolting it to a bag mount he made specifically for mounting the extensions. Side note: if you plan on DIY’ing this project, you can easily make a bag mount from thick PVC pipe or galvanized pipe wrapped in Styrofoam, and simply mount it to a piece of plywood. This is a cheap and easy way to keep your bags from getting damaged.
05. After a quick mock-up, the bag extensions fit perfectly and were ready to be installed.
06. He started by drilling 1/4-inch pilot holes where the new mounting hardware would secure the extensions in place. He then increased the 1/4-inch holes to 5/8 inch in order to fit the new hardware.
07. After tightening down the supplied mounting hardware with the button head fasteners and washers installed on the inside, installation was complete and took roughly 15 minutes.
The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is home to all things free. Freedom from your job, freedom from the grind, freedom to feel like an American and party ’til the cows come home and the bars close. For some, Sturgis provides the freedom for bike owners to buy and bolt on that new accessory to their Harley-Davidson.
While walking Lazelle Street at the 71st Annual Sturgis Rally taking in the sights of some of the new products in the industry, we stumbled upon the CycleSmiths booth.
The CycleSmiths crew, from Rancho Cucamonga, California, just produced its new Billet Bag Extensions in time for the Sturgis rally. By the big crowd around its booth, it seemed to be one of the hottest items on Lazelle Street.
Made from billet aluminum and either chromed, powdercoated, or powdercoated and machined for a contrasting finish, the Billet Bag Extensions provide just the right amount of flair for stock Harley-Davidson hard saddlebags. They simply bolt onto the bottom of the bags after a few holes are drilled and that’s about it, you have a new, custom-looking bags in no time at all. They work with true dual, 2-into-1, or custom manufactured exhaust systems.
We snapped some pics while one of the many Billet Bag Extensions customers waited for his updated bags with just a touch of flair. HB
(909) 987-3890 | cyclesmiths.com