01. Jason purchased one of Fuel Moto’s power packages that included the shop’s Jackpot stainless steel 2/1/2 head pipes, Jackpot 4-inch Touring Mufflers, Fuel Moto Stage 1 Air Cleaner kit, and Power Commander Power Vision EFI tuner. Fuel Moto offers its Stage 1 kit, which includes the mufflers, air cleaner kit, and Power Vision (not shown) for $899. The head pipe is $449.
01. Jason purchased one of Fuel Moto’s power packages that included the shop’s Jackpot st
Located in Little Chute, Wisconsin, about 120 miles north of Milwaukee, and 25 miles south of Green Bay, Fuel Moto is becoming known as a premier performance shop with extensive product knowledge and tuning skills. While the winter months might shut down the riding season for most of the country, Fuel Moto owner Jamie Long takes advantage of those months by logging thousands of hours on his Dynojet 250i Chassis Dyno tuning bikes, creating precise EFI fuel maps, and experimenting with various power combinations. In fact, it’s with all those hours of testing and experimenting that Jamie was able to use his knowledge of what works to create his own line of Jackpot brand bolt-on power components. From mufflers, head pipes, air cleaner kits, and custom precision EFI maps to support those components, Fuel Moto has a developed a line of parts that were designed to complement each other to achieve the best results. The parts not only perform well, but they look and sound good, are made in the USA from US materials, have a lifetime warranty, and are reasonably priced.
02. As mentioned earlier, Jamie and his Fuel Moto team spent countless hours doing R&D on the dyno to develop its head pipes and mufflers. The Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe was designed for ’09-12 Touring models to achieve the best performance from 96, 103, and 110ci engines. The pipe is made from 304 stainless steel, is CNC-formed, and TIG welded. The pipe has dual 18 and 12mm O2 ports to accommodate stock sensors as well as Wideband sensors for closed-loop tuning modules. It also comes with sensor bung plugs to cap off ports that aren’t being used, and the stock heat shields can be used with the pipes.
02. As mentioned earlier, Jamie and his Fuel Moto team spent countless hours doing R&D on
Fuel Moto is also very proud of its customer service and throughout its website you’ll find a direct email address to Jamie where he will quickly reply to any and all of your technical questions. Spending hours on the dyno, you develop a deep understanding of the various components, which Fuel Moto is more than happy to share with its customers. And on its website you’ll find dyno charts, extensive product descriptions, and audio/video clips. As a performance shop, it not only focuses on developing its own products, but also has intricate knowledge of other pipe/muffler/air cleaner/EFI combinations and hop-ups so that it can serve all of its customers’ wants and needs with the best performance results possible. In fact, it is probably because of its vast tuning knowledge and customer service skills that, according to Jamie, nearly 80 percent of its customers come from more than 100 miles away just to have Fuel Moto work on their bikes—a few have even picked up a brand-new bike from Milwaukee and ridden straight to Fuel Moto just to have a new air cleaner, pipes, and fuel tuner installed.
While in the Wisconsin area we stopped at Fuel Moto to see firsthand what the shop was all about. While we were there a new customer, Jason Staniak, rolled in from Steven’s Point with a 2011 96ci Street Glide with a mere 1,300 miles on the odometer. Jason was looking to up the performance of his SG with one of Fuel Moto’s Power Packages, so we snapped away as Jamie’s head tech, Jim Monson, performed the install. HB
03. The Jackpot 4-inch Mufflers are available in slash-down or slash-up versions for ’09-12 Touring models. Jamie tested different baffle designs and lengths as well as different chamber designs to get a set of mufflers that not only perform well but also provide a good note without being too loud or too quiet. The mufflers were redesigned in 2008 to work with Harley’s new underslung head pipe design. The left and right side are chambered differently with an asymmetrical baffle system that uses the right side as the primary muffler and uses the left side to produce maximum low-end torque and horsepower.
03. The Jackpot 4-inch Mufflers are available in slash-down or slash-up versions for ’09-
04. The Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner kit comes with the backing plate, air cleaner element, and necessary hardware. The reusable and washable cotton/gauze element is designed to provide maximum airflow and work with the stock air cleaner cover, most aftermarket covers, as well as Fuel Moto’s custom billet covers like this clover design.
04. The Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner kit comes with the backing plate, air cleaner eleme
05. One of the newest products to come from Dynojet (the makers of the popular Power Commander line) is the Power Vision EFI tuner. Designed as a plug ’n’ play ECM flash tuner for ’01-11 Delphi-equipped Harley-Davidsons, the Power Vision features a 3 1/2-inch, full-color, high-resolution touch screen. The unit can be mounted on the bike and used to monitor real-time data or quickly plugged in to install and switch tuning maps. The unit has a large database of preconfigured tunes, which can be custom adjusted via the touch screen.
05. One of the newest products to come from Dynojet (the makers of the popular Power Comm