14. Trey plugged one end of the supplied communication cable into the ThunderMax ECM and the other end into the computer and began searching for the bike’s criteria—pipes, air cleaner, etc.—in order to load a base map. After the proper base map was loaded, we took the bike for a spin (about 5 miles) to see if the AutoTune feature did what it said it would do. At first, we noticed a much more crisp throttle response. Without the ThunderMax unit the bike was a tad sluggish, but the ThunderMax seemed to provide very positive results. After a few miles we brought the bike back to Ed to be put on the dyno to see what the final horsepower and torque results were as well as if the air/fuel ratio was on a more even keel.