11. Next, was the SuperTrapp exhaust system, fi rst the stock H-D pipe was removed along with the bracket and old gaskets. The old exhaust fl anges were removed from the pipe then installed onto the new SuperTrapp head pipe along withthe O2 sensors.
12. A new set of exhaust gaskets were installed into the head ports followed by the one-piece head pipe.
13. Then the mounting bracket was installed along the lower frame rail just past the transmission case.
14. Next, the megaphone was slid onto the head pipe and then mounted to the bracket. Once the megaphone was lined up and bolted in place, the head pipe bolts were tightened.
15. At this point all 14 of the tuning discs were installed, later we could tune the sound and power to the owner's liking. There are six 4-inch long fi ne thread bolts that hold the discs in place. We used a bit of anti-seize on the threads to prevent binding/rusting.
16. Here is how the SuperTrapp 2-into-1 Silent Series with tunable megaphone looks on the bike. Then the heat shields were installed and the system was wiped down to remove any fi ngerprints and oils
from the chrome before we started the bike and heated up the pipe.
17. Next, we installed the Wimmer Better Sucker. Once we removed the stock H-D setup, a new gasket was placed on the intake of the throttle body.
18. Then the mounting posts for the backing plate were installed. Each one has a set of Tefl on washers for both sides to ensure a good airtight seal.
19. After, the backing plate was installed along with the air filter mounting bolts...
20. ...the filter was placed onto the backing plate, the bolt holes were lined up and the fi lter was bolted in place.
21. Last, the outer cover was installed to the filter housing.
22. With everything installed we brought the bike up to operating temp and checked to see that the Ride Tuner was sending and receiving a signal to the ECM. We then put the bike on the dyno. At fi rst we ran two
passes without the RideMaxx on to see what the pipe and air cleaner did alone.
23. With just the pipes and air cleaner we got 60.88hp and 79.03 lb-ft of torque. Then with the RideMaxx powered on and in Auto mode we got 62.44hp and 79.40 lb-ft of torque. Then in Econ mode we got 65.82hp and 80.93 lb-ft of torque. And lastly in PWR mode we got 67.06hp and 81.98 lb-ft of torque. Once we had the bike out on the road we started to track the gas mileage and it was apparent that this is where the RideMaxx system worked the best. After
running the bike through six full tanks of gas (two in each mode) to make sure we were tracking the same type of commute each time, this is what we found.
Wimmer Custom Cycles
Horn Cycle Works