10. We again installed the saddlebag to check for binding. We had to trim out a bit more for the saddlebag hinge. Next we cleaned the sheet with degreaser, lightly sanded the outside, painted it black, and then installed it. We selected black because that's the only spay can that worked from our box of half used paint cans. To finish, we made the right side plate using the same dimensions as the left. Remember the right is a mirror image of the left. Here's a hint, reverse the bends on the cardboard template as a guide for the right side. Not bad for an hour of work and simple hand tools. Certainly cleaned up our rearend.