Fit-Ear's Motorcycle Stereo Earplugs - Hot Bike Magazine
01. Here is a set of Fit-Ear's Motorcycle Stereo Plugs. They greatly reduce wind noise, which improves sound quality, and since they're molded to the inside of your ear they are very comfortable to wear underneath a helmet.
02. Fit-Ear Technician Jack Simmons gets ready to shoot the impression material into my ear. Gross! But first...
03. ...Jack needed to fit my ear canals with these Oto-Blocks, which prevent the impression material from going further into my ear canal than it should.
04....Jack needed to fit my ear canals with these Oto-Blocks, which prevent the impression material from going further into my ear canal than it should.
05. With the Oto-Block in place, I had to bite down on a Bite Block, which aligns the jaw and minimizes jaw movement when the ear mold is being taken. This helps to ensure the stereo earplugs are formed nice and tight to your ear with your jaw open, closed, etc. Then Jack inserted the impression material into my ear and then I sat and waited for about three minutes for the molds to set.
06. Once the molds set, Jack took down my shipping information, placed the molds in a box to be taken back to the Fit-Ear laboratory, where they would be used to custom make my stereo earplugs. My molds should arrive in about four-six weeks ready for me to hook up to my iPod and go for a ride.
Everyone likes music. It's a fact. We Wikipedia'd it. Hearing it while riding at its best capabilities makes listening to music that much better. Whether you're riding cross-country, or on a weekend jaunt, Fit-Ear's Motorcycle Stereo Earplugs (starting at $350) are just what the motorcycle doctor ordered to keep you entertained.
Fit-Ear's Plugs are a great alternative to your run-of-the-mill earphones because they're outfitted with high-quality stereo components stuffed into custom-molded-to-your-ear material, which is used in the hearing-aid and dental impression industries so you know it's top-quality stuff. The molds reduce wind noise so you don't have to crank the volume to 11 to enjoy your music, and they fit very comfortably underneath a motorcycle helmet.
We stumbled upon the Fit-Ear booth during Daytona Beach Bike Week and it was crawling with eager enthusiasts interested in getting a set of custom-molded stereo earplugs.